Monday, March 10, 2014

Birthday Week -



3/9/2014





Brothers and Sisters!

Well I honestly am really short on time this week because some things came up but I just wanted to give a little overview on how my week has been!!

Well the beginning of the week was a bit rough and it was difficult to find and set a lot of lessons but on Wednesday we woke up and lo and behold... THE SUN CAME OUT!!!! I'm not even kidding, I hadn't seen the sun and felt warmth in like 3 months. It has been sunny since then and might continue this week too. My mood has been a lot better and  I think I just missed the sun alot.

We've been doing a lot of street contacting this week because more people are outside with out the rain and it has been great! Elder Nickerl is learning so much and it reminds me of my first few weeks in Fuenlabrada. The work is progressing great here though and we actually set a baptismal date with Daniel for the 23!! He seems really set on it too so hopefully I can put some white pants on in a few weeks. We also met with Roger and Soren just last night and they seem really interested in the church!! We invited them both to be baptized during the first lesson and Roger said yes. Soren was baptized by her father in the baptist church so we are trying to help her understand the need to be baptized again but I have a lot of faith in them.

Everyone else is  good and we are working really hard up here. We've been visiting a few more less active members and saw a lot of them in church on Sunday!! I know that Heavenly Father is helping us and guiding us out here and I really feel His love every day. Thank you for everything, all of you and just remember that you are all in my prayers. Keep up the good work at home and tell Bishop Dalton that he's the man. I'm excited for Chris' new calling too and I'm sure he will do a great job. Love you all!!

Elder Franklyn

ps   Hermana Patricia and Wendy have invited me to come over on my birthday. Patricia's daughter Shaine is going to make me a cake so I am excited about that! I haven't gotten a package  yet but I am sure it will come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment