Monday, October 14, 2013

Family and friends!!! I am low on time this week for several reasons but I can definitely say that this has been the best week of my mission so far! I will try to cram as much as I can in and I might just have to fit in the more important parts. Well I am in Leganes right now which is close to Fuenlabrada. Reason being is that this morning, Elder Echegaray left to go to an area called Cuatro Caminos and he is serving as Zone Leader there in Barrio 1. As we say here, ¡¡Que maquina!! He is awesome and I will miss him a ton. I have been chosen to train a new missionary straight out of the MTC which is nerve racking but exciting as well! It is rare for a non native speaker to be training right when they finish getting trained so I know it will be hard but I am excited to work hard with someone filled with excitement. I'll find out tomorrow who it is and so I have to stay with the Elders from Leganes for a day. Well this weekend our miracle finally came full circle. Ana was baptized on Sunday and she chose me to baptize her! It was the first time that I had baptized anyone and it was suuuch an amazing experience. I will never forget it and I felt the Spirit so strongly. Exactly three weeks after we had our first lesson with her, she was baptized. Lets see... what crazy stuff happened this week. Well on Tuesday we went to Parla to do an interview with a whole family who was baptized on Friday! Elder Echegaray was the district leader so we went there to do it. Everything went great and they all passed! On our way back, they told us to take this bus home and it ended up going the wrong direction and we wasted about an hour and a half of our night! We just barely got back to stop by Ana's to see how she was doing. She gave us a ton of food and so that lifted our spirits. She is amazing. Well on Friday we went to Parla again to go to their baptism which was fantastic. The family is so strong and amazing. It really got me excited for Ana. We basically had 4 lessons with her this week and they all went amazingly. She accepted all of the commandments and has a testimony of Joseph Smith. On Saturday we had her interview and so we had to go to Carabanchel to meet with the Zone Leaders there and bring them down to Fuenlabrada. It went great and she passed wonderfully! We had an activity during the night which was awesome. Members brought food from their own countries and it was super cultural! We cleaned the baptismal font and thats when we found out the transfers too. I am so stoked to train!! So Sunday we had church and Ana came with her two kids, Esteban came with his two daughters, and Solange came with the Morena family. It was amazing to see so many investigators in the chapel! Oh and Juan Romera was there too of course! At 6 we had Ana's baptism and honestly, it went perfectly. Everything was just perfect and I will never forget it. Elder Echegaray bore his testimony and it was the first time that I have seen him cry. I was filled with the Spirit and cried myself. After, Ana bore her testimony and told her story of how we met her (ask my mom if you want to know!). It was amazing and I am so grateful for this opportunity to be here in Spain, as a missionary. Sorry I don't have more time but thank you for all of your letters, prayers, and love!! Elder Franklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment