Monday, April 28, 2014

Weirdest Week and My Sister's Gift

 April 28, 2014


Family and friends!!I don't have too much time because we have a lesson with a Spanish family in like t-20 minutes but I'll see what I can throw down in that short time. Here it goes...Well this week has been one of the hardest in the mission so far. We saw little success but worked our tails off talking to everyone we could. Lots of rejection. I was pretty down on my self honestly but I learned a good lesson.Lets see. Well main things are that we met with Jose again. He hasn't been able to meet with us for a while and so we changed his baptismal date for the 10th of May and he is pretty stoked.On Tuesday we had intercambios and I went to Santiago for the day for an entrevista. Sorry for the spanish but its gunna happen because I'm writing fast. Google translate!! So I had the entrevista with Miguel and I wasn't exactly sure if he was ready at first because he has a past of smoking but the entrevista when really well and I felt the Spirit a lot. He bore his testimony and everything and it was awesome. He was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church last weekend. Great to see some success over there in Santiago. After we contacted for a while. I was with Elder McKeigan and he is basically a legend. His spanish is so good that the natives think he is from Uruguay. He's awesome. I learned a ton from him because he has been out for around 22 months now. If anyone out there is from St. George, tell him I say hi in a few months when he comes home.The rest of the week was just difficult. We set a lot of lessons, and a lot of lessons fell through. We contacted in the street for hours and received a few references so we will see how they turn out this week. Walter (the new argentinian) wasn't able to meet with us last week but we have high hopes for this week. One strange story was that we were knocking pisos a while back and met a woman named Alexis (name has been changed). We taught the first lesson to her in the doorway and she seemed really interested. She is from Brazil and told us we could come back another day. We came back last night to visit her and she was super stressed out and we caught her right as she was coming home. She invited us up and before entering we asked if there was a male home (missionary rules require it). She said no and we told her that we have a rule that says we can't enter into the house of single women. She went off and got really offended for some reason and she asked us who we thought she was as in a man or a woman. I responded politely saying that she was a woman and she responded with "NO." We were completely blown away and did not know what to say. Yes, I had a lesson with a transvestite. She told us not to come back any more and we left.So the week was kinda like that. A little bit on the difficult side. Saturday night was rough and I just felt like I had been working sooo hard and hadn't seen anything. I remember praying and just trying to receive comfort. I went to write in my journal about it and noticed that my sister Lauren had written in the back of it when she gave it to me for my birthday. I had read the message before but I decided to read it again. Her words filled my heart and gave me so much hope. I was relieved to realize that the Lord was still with me and that I didn't have to be discouraged. Thanks Laur. I'm back and hungry for another week and my testimony is as strong as ever. I know that this Church is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that it really was written by ancient American prophets. I know I am fighting on the Lords side. I wrote an inspirational 2 liner of the day and I thought I'd share it with you guys: Fight till I die, Preach till I fly. I will never give up because Jesus Christ never gave up on us.I love you all!
Elder Franklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment