Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Week and Transfer!


Monday, May 12

Queridos míos.

Well I just realized that I hadn't written a big email yet so this will have to be quick but I'll try to make it good. Some miracles happened this week and it was great!! I am pretty pumped and we got the transfer calls on Saturday so some of you don't even know where I am right now...

Well the big miracle that we have seen this week has been through part member families. We have two amazing ones and both of the fathers are not members. The Goyos family is like my second family and the father has been participating a lot in our lessons recently. On Thursday we had a great lesson with them and invited Goyos (the dad) to take the missionary lessons and he said yes! We are so excited! A few days later we were talking to Hermana Dolly, Wendy's mom, and her husband is also a non member. He lives far away for work but he has been visiting often and we have gotten to know him better. The other day they were talking and Dolly literally just told him to get baptized and he said he was actually thinking about it!! We are going to try to meet with him this week and see how things go. I've never seen any progress with part member families until now but its so amazing to see the joy of the members when their loved ones accept the Gospel. 

The exciting news about transfers is that I am staying in El Ferrol! And we are going to get another missionary tomorrow!!  Buuuut only for three weeks. Then I am going down to Madrid and I am going to be the mission secretary! Exciting stuff! I know that this church is true. For me, honestly, it doesn't matter if I am in Galicia, the Canary Islands, or Madrid. The most important thing above all is preaching the Gospel. There is a great quote from Paul in 1 Corinthians about his view on missionary work and I will try to quote it. This isn't exact but he says: I was not called of Christ to baptize, but to preach the Gospel. Not with wise words, lest the cross of Christ be made of none affect. I love that! We are called to preach the Gospel. Baptisms or not! That is my goal in these two years. I know that Jesus Christ is our Saviour and our Redeemer. I know that my english is not the best now but that is just because I'm trying to focus everything on this short time I have. I love you all and hope you have a great week!!

Love,

Elder Franklyn
ps: this is Elder Nickerl and I knocking down some percebes.


and talking to my family on Mother's Day....




No comments:

Post a Comment