Monday, May 26, 2014

May 26, 2014 Zone Conference and a Monastery





Zone Conference in Vigo



Visited a monastery




my 2 companions

my shoes are beat

Gato

3 of us

Elder Schmidtlein

The Trio

Gonna miss these guys


Family and Friends!!
This week has been a blast!! I don't have too much time but I'll try and do the best I can here.
First off, on Monday and Tuesday we were in Vigo for our zone conference. It was awesome!! We stayed in a hotel down there for the night and the talks during the conference were amazing. I am really loving our trio as well. Elder Schmidtlein is a great addition to El Ferrol.
We had a great day on Thursday and we even got to do splits with our branch president to cover more area. Elder Nickerl and the president went to the hospital to give a ward member a blessing while Elder Schmidtlein and I went out to contact. English class was a hit too and we invited a lot of the students to come to church. After we had a great lesson with Goyos, Irina's husband and he is reading and praying to recieve an answer!! I am so excited for him it's ridiculous!
On Friday we visited Angel at his house and we had a great lesson with him on the plan of salvation. He liked it alot! We found out that he is going to be leaving for England on the 9th but we are going to teach him as much as we can while he is here. He also came to church on Sunday again and is really ready.
On Saturday we went to Ortigueira which is a neighboring town to visit a few investigators. They loved the message of the restauration and the daughter loooves the church. Gotta love seeing potential!! We went with Hermana Dolly and on the way back she contacted someone at the train stop and we got her reference! Her name is Guadalupe and she  was interested in our message! We gave her a Book of Mormon and she was very receptive. Way to go Hermana Dolly!!!
Sunday was great although Elder Nickerl was sick. We stayed in the piso for a while to let him sleep but he is feeling better today. We went to a monastery today which was awesome and took a lot of photos!

This will be my last week in El Ferrol and I am having mixed feelings. I have spent more than half of my mission here and I am really going to miss it. I love the people here and I hope that I have had an impact on them. I am excited to work in the office though with Elder Ward. It will be a great experience!!
I love you all!!
Elder Franklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment