Monday, August 11, 2014

A Baptism and Transfers! 8/11/14

8/11/2014

  


Senior Segundo and I after the Baptism!

The Old District!



Me finishing transfers!!






Family and friends!

Forgive me for not writing a letter last week!! It was transfers  and so I was kind of running back and forth from the airport and the train station and everything -  it was super hectic. This week was great though!!

So transfers ended smoothly and we got a new companion!! His name is Elder Cahoon. He will be taking Elder Ward's spot in 5 weeks but he is going to help us a bit with this transfer because it is going to be hectic. He is great though and adds some great flavor to our companionship.

The missionary work this week has been slow. Lots of investigators and members on vacation... Unlike the United States, the Spaniards ALL take their vacations during the month of August so it is kind of hard. One awesome miracle though is that Lucy and Emilio are killllling it. Emilio holds the record for most consecutive ward activities. We met with them on Thursday at 6, they came to the english classes at 8, they came to family home evening on Friday, Emilio played soccer with the members on Saturday morning, they all came to a baptism on Saturday night and they all came to church on Sunday. They are soo great!! Oh and in reply to Bishop Dalton's request, they have a baptismal date for the 6th of September! They are more active in the church than I am!! 

So on Saturday, our ward had a baptism and our little chapel here in Alcobendas doesn't have a font so we have to travel to temple square to have the baptism there. Alain was the one who got baptized and he is from Congo!! He is so awesome and so humble. He doesn't speak a lot of Spanish and so Andrés, a member here, memorized the baptismal prayer in english and it was soo great. Right after he was baptized he looked up towards the ceiling and the whole room just filled with the Spirit. Lucy and Emilio were there and we did a temple tour with them which was great. We walked around and just looked at how beautiful the temple is.

I am so blessed and grateful to be able to be here in Madrid, Spain and to be able to see the temple often. It really is an iconic building and you cannot deny that there is something holy and eternal about it. I love this work and I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have to be here. I am sooooo grateful for my parents as well who have helped me spiritually and financially to be out here. I will be in debt with them for years to come. Keep praying for missionary experiences. And when they come, act upon them!!  Dooooo some missionary work! Don't be afraid! I know that we are blessed as we serve the Lord. Keep working hard and never give up!!

I know that this Church is true and that I am a child of God.

I love you all,

Elder Franklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment