Monday, July 28, 2014

7/28/2014 Miracles




This week on The District...

This week has been awesome!! I've been able to catch up on most of my work in the office which is nice. Tomorrow I will find out about transfers so this coming week will be busy!   Lots of plans and buying tickets. We will see how it goes...

We had a lesson with Vladimir on Tuesday in a park with a member named Hugo. It went amazingly well and we set a baptismal date with him for the 9th of August! When we invited him to be baptized, he said "Yeah I feel like I am ready. I may not be perfect on everything but I feel ready." Perfect response!! None of us are perfect but that is what baptism is for! It helps us become more perfect and honestly opens the door to the path towards salvation. I am so excited for him and for all his progression that he is making.

We also had a sweet lesson with Guillermo and a girl that lives in the same apartment as he does named Ivana. We always thought Ivana was kind of anti the church but she sat in on a lesson and we taught about the Restoration. When we started talking about Joseph Smith, Guillermo said that he would like to show Ivana the video of the Restoration. We put it on and it was amazing! She understood so much and loved the story. She accepted a Book of Mormon and committed to read and pray about it!

I've saved the best for last... LUCY! I talked about her as my miracle of the week last week. Well all this week we have been trying to get in contact with her. She never answered her phone and never called us back. We were really bummed. So on Saturday night we send her a text message just inviting her to church again and she said that she would come. So on Sunday, I'm sitting in the back and she hasn't shown up. Right when the Bishop starts the meeting, I see her walk in the side door! She sits down with her son and I see them singing the hymns and it seemed like they enjoyed it. When the meeting ended, I ran up to her and started talking to her. She introduced me to her family... SHE BROUGHT HER WHOLE FAMILY TO CHURCH!! Her husband is named Emilio and he is from Peru! They have two children, Giorgi and Rosa, who are so cute and nice. So I'm talking to Lucy and she says, "Elder Franklyn, I love coming to church and everything but I really just want to sit down with you and your companion and talk about the doctrine and values that the church has. Is there any way that we could meet soon?" I was just in shock. We set up a lesson for that same night and had a wonderful lesson on the Restoration. They both were extremely nice and open. They accepted the challenge to read the Book of Mormon and to pray to know if it is true. During the lesson they also told us that they would like to meet more than one time during the week, they would love to come to church activities, they are looking for a good group of friends to help raise their children with good examples around them, and that they admired us for the service that we give as missionaries. Just perfect. Only God could have prepared a family so much as He has for Lucy and Emilio's family.

I testify that the same church that Jesus Christ himself established in the days of old, with 12 apostles and the authority to act in the Lord's name, has been restored to the earth once again. We are not a new church. We are a very ancient church that has been restored through a living prophet. I have seen Heavenly Father answer the prayers of others. I have seen Heavenly Father answer my own prayers. Lucy and her family are evidence of that. I know that Jesus is the Christ and that He loves each and every one of us dearly. In the Bible we read, "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." I know that Jesus Christ laid down His life for each and every one of us. I am so grateful to be a missionary. I love you all so much. Thank you for everything! 

Your missionary ;)

Elder Franklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment