Monday, November 17, 2014

November 17, 2014 Awesome Week!

Zone Meeting and lots of pics!              
                       Meeting up with old friends in Madrid!  Grandfather, father and son!


Photos from the game!!!




Elder Carejo and I!


Zone Conference P-Day Futbol game!

Our MTC Group at Zone Conference

Just thought I'd show you some food I made the other night!

Sweet Half-Pipe

Oviedo's "Date" changes everyday - this is my 17 month mark!
Manuela's (investigator) birthday party!

Elder Carrejo cooking empanadas for Elder Ward's birthday!!



When I went down to Madrid I met with Felipe and Isabel again!!

Zone Conference!


I made pancakes....

and they worked!

Yeaahhh sometimes we are still kids... This is at this huge local mall!

Saludos de Oviedo!!
Well this week has been AWESOME!! 
Updates on our investigators:
Manuela - She is doing super good! We had her birthday party this week and some members came with us. It was really fun!! 
Jose Alberto - We had a lesson with him and he told us that he believes that the Holy Ghost has told him that the Book of Mormon is true!! Buut he is leaving at the end of December to go back to the Dominican Republic, so we are going to work with him until he leaves!!

Marcos - We set up a baptismal date with him this week for the 6th of December and he is excited for it!! We are going to keep on preparing him but he comes to a lot of the activities and church so he is progressing well.
Edwin - We met with Edwin again and he is doing a lot better! He recently got back from Colombia and his testimony of the church had weakend a bit but we are reading with him a lot and he is doing much better! 
Those are our top four investigators right now and I am just having a blast teaching them! They are doing really well and I am so excited to see their progression. 

We had kind of a miracle last night with a less active member that I wanted to talk about too. Leomar is from Brazil and he was baptized about 9 years ago. He has been inactive for around 7 years and many companionships have tried to get him to come to church without success. Last night we passed by his house and he let us in! We went up stairs and sat down on his couch. He had a guitar on his couch and I picked it up and started playing a little bit while I was waiting for him to come in the room. He came in and we started talking about the guitar for a bit and he played us some songs he knew as well. We shared a message on repentance and then played some more. It was amazing because he really opened up to us and our relationship grew so much as we taught each other songs that we knew. He was so excited to just be sitting with someone who had the same interests as he did and I feel so blessed to have been guided by the Lord to that point in time. It was such a small thing but I really feel like it had an impact on him. 

I am also really grateful that I know how to play the guitar!! Thanks dad! Haha it was a wonderful experience and I am hoping to see some breakthroughs with him in the future. I know this church is true. It has changed my life in so many wonderful ways and I know that God is watching over us. I love you all so much!!
Elder Franklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment