Monday, January 19, 2015

Week of January 19, 2015


Elder Esquen taught me how to make a peruvian food called salchipapas!

 This is where we play soccer...





I'm realizing that most of my pictures are just of the food that we make together. It's actually kind of the thing that we bond over. Cooking. Who am I?






Buenas tardes!!

This week was pretty good and we saw a decent amount of opposition but also a few great miracles! 

First of all, an inactive member named Alberto called us up last Monday I think telling us that he had 2 weeks of vacation and that he wanted to meet with him. We literally went straight to his house and had a super awesome lesson with him! We met with him a few more times during the week and he ended up coming to church on Sunday! He has a bit of work to do until he becomes fully active but it was a super sweet miracle that we saw. I've never seen an inactive member with desires that big to come back to church. 

Another miracle we saw (and also a shout out to Elder Mayans) is that we found a Romanian in the street last Sunday night named Vasilio and we had two lessons with him throughout the week. He is awesome and would have come to church on Sunday but his phone was on silent and he slept through his alarm. He seems really sincere although he smokes quite a bit. He also came with us today to play soccer with some local members and he's a boss! He showed us up big time and it was really fun.

Transfers came out and I am staying here in Oviedo for one more and I've been switched from Zone Leader to District Leader. I'm really excited about it! It will be super fun and my old companion Elder McWhorter is coming to my district! 

I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Elder Franklyn

P.S. Funny insight on the mission life. Right now there is some random lady basically yelling on a phone behind me in some random language. She started out yelling, switched to crying and now is laughing. Spain...

No comments:

Post a Comment