Monday, February 9, 2015

Investigators!






Che fatch? Uhhh I mean ¿Qué tal?

Recently I've been really interested in learning different languages. I made a list of what I know in other languages and it includes Gallego, Romanian, Swedish, German, and a tribal language from Ecuatorial Guinea called Fan. I've been trying to use it a little bit more in contacting and knocking doors and I actually kind of scared this guinean lady who replied "I've never met a white boy who wanted to learn Fan." I was like "Puueeesss ¿yo non vua? (Welllllll, how are you?) Haha she told us we could come back another time. Score! 

Other exciting things that happened this week...

We have finally found some new investigators! We have been working soo hard through the rain and snow and hail and we've finally found some really awesome people who have a lot of desires to learn about our church and the gospel. 

Let me list them and give a little background info on them...

1. Adela! She's a Spaniard who has been studying with the Jehova's Witnesses for a long time. She has two sons and an atheist husband but wants to know if the Book of Mormon is the word of God.

2. Juri! He's from Brazil and basically speaks portugues. It's a good thing I served in Galicia because I can understand almost everything! He regularly attends an Evangelical church but is super cool and loves missionaries.

3. Mohammed! He's from Egypt! What?!?! Yeah! And he is super cool! He wants to learn a lot about christianity and came to a branch family home evening last week and loved it!

4. Amparo and Lucas! This is a couple that lives out in a town about 40 minutes away. Amparo is from Columbia and Lucas is from Spain and they are really great! Lucas has a ton of good questions about spirits and the plan of salvation and Amparo just loves following Jesus Christ.

5. Jesus/Moreno! He is from the Dominican Republic and is really awesome! He has 3 children and 8 grandchildren. He has a strong testimony of the Bible and wants to find an answer about the Book of Mormon. He also accepted the invitation to be baptized in the first lesson!

6. Teo! He's from Ecuador and is a super chill guy. He knows that God lives and wants to learn alot about our church. He's super great and we are excited to help him with a few problems that he is going through right now in his life. 

Basically this whole week was filled with finding new investigators but we also met with Vasilio again! Our investigator from Romania. He was feeling kind of frustrated because he wants to understand the Book of Mormon more so we showed him the Romanian version on the church's website and I think he's a little happier now. We also had a great indexing activity on Sunday and it went really well! The branch was pretty excited to index some names. 

I am really enjoying this time in my mission. Oviedo is a wonderful area and I honestly can't complain one bit. The work sometimes is hard, but the miracles always outweigh the hard times. I love the mission and I know that this is Jesus Christ's Church. It bears His name and it has His priesthood authority. I know that God lives and that He answers our prayers. I cannot deny that He has answered mine. I love you all and I hope that you have a great week!

Elder Franklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment