Monday, February 2, 2015

More Hail... and miracles.. and pizza


Some italian members made us a few amazing pizzas!




There was also a hail storm that turned a good part of the city totally white!


Elder Esquen and I playing with the hail haha



Queridos amigos míos,

Well this week has been pretty awesome!! Some super cool miracles went down and a ton of hours were spent in the rain. Something new that we experienced this week was HAIL. And looooots of it. 

On Tuesday we did intercambios with the missionaries in Gijon and I went to Gijon for the day! For those of you who don't know northern spanish geography, Gijon is a city above Oviedo and it touches the northern coast of Spain. We had a suuper good day actually with two lessons in the afternoon and we broke Gijon's refferals recieved record and received 10 numbers contacting in the street! I was with Elder Guerra, who was born in Sweden but his parents are from Peru. Let's just say that I came back to Oviedo saying du arre grotbabis and other weird swedish phrases haha. It was a great day though and Elder Esquen was with Elder McWhorter in Oviedo and had a few good lessons as well! 

Other miracles... An italian family named Los Morace fed us on Thursday night and they made us the best pizza I've ever had!! They made like 5 or 6 huuge ones too and we destroyed the place haha. It was super fun though and they are an awesome family that is helping us so much with the missionary work here in Oviedo. 

On Friday we had one of the best lessons that I've had in a long time. It was with Vasilio, our romanian investigator. He has been progressing really well recently and is in I Nefi 16 now and so we decided that we were going to try to set a baptismal date with him. We taught him about the importance of reading, praying and going to church and at the end, right when I was tying it into baptism, Vasilio brought up one of his doubts about attending church. He was worried that the members of the church were going to look at him weird and judge him for being romanian. We reasurred him that no one at church was going to do that and at the perfect timing, our branch mission leader Manuel told Vasilio about the family home evenings that we have in the church on Friday nights. Vasilio was interested and so we invited him to come that very night. He agreed and to say the least, he loved it!! He made a lot of friends as well and the YSA of the branch did a great job of getting to know him and making him feel comfortable. 

Sunday we had a sweet miracle too! On Tuesday we contacted this columbian woman named Alba. I called her on Friday to see if she could meet on Saturday or Sunday. She told me that she was kind of busy but that she would come to church and bring her friend. Yeah that was probably like the hundreth time I've heard that in the mission. I told her that we would be there waiting for her though and on Sunday, SHE CAME!! And she brought her friend! It was fast and testimony meeting and they absolutely loved it!! Her friend, Amparo, decided to stay for all 3 hours as well even though Alba had to leave for work. It was a suuper awesome miracle that we saw and we hope to meet with them some time during this week. Amparo also told us that she wanted to come to the family home evening activity on Friday night!

All in all, it has been a week full of rain, hail, and miracles here in the wonderful land of Asturias. I am loving the mission and I know that the work that I am doing is actually having an effect on the lives of others. I love to see the true desires of the people that we teach. I know that God lives and that He loves us. I know that Jesus Christ is His Only Begotten Son and that He gave His life for us. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life. I also received news today that Patricia, Jose, Shaine, Shaila and Sharon (a family in El Ferrol that got baptized while I was there) are preparing to go to the temple in March to be sealed as an eternal family. There is no greater joy or love that I have felt in my entire life that the joy and love that I feel while serving as a missionary. I have learned so much. I love you all!


Elder Franklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment