Monday, February 23, 2015

Oviedo & Trip to Madrid

Jesus the Christ.


Great sunset during the train ride.

 Valentine's Day package....

Elder Echegaray, Elder Esquen and I in Madrid!!

Elder Emmett and I with Elder Ward in the background playing the piano.

Random picture of myself.

 On the way to the Christ statue!
Elder McWhorter came too!

Elder Esquen & I



Family and Friends,

This week was awesome! Lots of great things happened and I'm going to try and hit as much as I can! We will start with Monday...

On Monday night we had a great lesson with Amparo and Alba who are new investigators of ours who came to church together. Amparo's twin sister was there, Begoña, and she was also really interested in our message! We had a great lesson on the Book of Mormon and they taught us about a product that they are selling called Kyani. It was great and Amparo said she was going to come to church!

On Tuesday we passed by Vasilio's house in the morning. He had some damage to his apartment and a lot of his plates and cups were destroyed (long story). Anyways we thought we would share a little spiritual thought with him at least because there wasn't even room to sit down. We read in Helaman about making a sure foundation. He was staring at the scripture we read and all of a sudden he said "What do I have to do to get baptized?" In my head I was like "Uhhhhh what???" Haha but we went to Doctrine and Covenants and read in seccion 20 about the requirements of baptism and I asked him why he had asked us that question. He began to explain that he just always felt good around us and always felt good when he comes to church and when he talks to the members. He even told us that he had made the decision that he was going to change religions! Epic! We set a baptismal date for the 14th of March!

On Wednesday we left for Madrid for the mission tour! It was super fun and we had a great time! I got to hang out with Elder McWhorter and Elder Echegaray again so that was really great. We learned a lot too and hopefully we can apply it to the work here!

Another great miracle happened on Sunday. First of all, a tooonnnn of people came to church! A lot of less actives and recent converts were there and Amparo and Begoña showed up! They also brought their friend Angelica! The Gospel up here is literally contagious! Angelica had a great time and stayed for the 2nd hour. We have a lesson set up with the three of them tonight so hopefully we can bring the Spirit and have a good lesson with all of them. 

I am loving the work up here in Oviedo. At times it can definitely be somewhat of a trial but I am learning a lot from it and I know that I might be in another area in just a week. I will definitely miss this place. Thank you all for all of your love and support and know that I am praying for all of you! I know that this church is the true Church of Jesus Christ on the face of the earth. 

Elder Franklyn

photos from trip to Madrid!

No comments:

Post a Comment