Monday, March 23, 2015

An awesome Miracle





Family and Friends!!

This week was pretty good! There were some ups and downs but all in all, I feel good about the week. One challenge we faced this week was tropical storms! It has been raining on and off all week! It has been a little difficult to contact in the street but we have been making the best of it and we saw some great miracles too! 

Last Monday, we went to Monkey Park! It was super fun. I think I already told all of you that I got spit on by a gorilla but yeah that happened.

The rest of the week was good! We had a really good lesson with our recently new investigator Nelly but we haven't been able to get in touch with her since. Maria Fernanda is doing great and her and Gabriela actually got in contact with my mom. Gotta love technology. 

One awesome miracle that we had happened to do with a woman named Gimena (pronounced Hee men uh). We had received her address in the street and went to pass by. When we knocked on the door, two little kids opened the door and told us that no woman named Gimena lived there. We were kinda bummed but as we were walking down, I looked back at Elder Koeven and said, "Do you want to knock the building?" He replied, "Ehh yeah I guess." We went up stairs and the first door didn't want anything and the second door didn't open up. When we knocked the third door (yessss, third time is aaaalways the charm) a woman opened the door. Elder Koeven immediately recognized her (yeah my memory is still pretty bad) as GIMENA!! Her husband was home and so we went inside and had a suuper good first lesson with her! I know it wasn't a coincidence that I wanted to knock that building. We almost never knock buildings here and the first time we do in a long time, we are led right to the person that we were looking for and that may have been waiting for us. 

I know that God loves us. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I love the mission with all my heart and I am SO grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve. 

Elder Franklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment