Monday, March 9, 2015

Birthday Week

     21 YEARS OLD!


           
 This is in a city called Candelaria.                 


This is the awesome theater that they have here in Santa Cruz. Not as cool as the sydney opera house but I think its pretty impressive.

Here's near the port of Santa Cruz

Add Elder Koeven and I today! Yeah I'm getting a haircut...
      


¡Agüita!

I think we all know exactly how Elder Franklyn is doing in the Canary Islands...

FLIPPING GREAT!!!

The weather here is awesome and it reminds me a lot of Newport beach. The people in the street are pretty nice actually and the ward members are the bomb! We've already eaten a few times at a few people's houses and a family also left food for us in the chapel last night. I'm serving in Santa Cruz de Tenerife and I invite all of you to search in on Google maps if you want,  to see exactly what I'm talking about. I am loving it here!

Work-wise... It's pretty similar to everywhere else in Spain to be honest, haha. My companion and his last companion had dropped a good amount of investigators right before I got here, so I basically got transferred into a heap of work in the street. Its a good thing that I just absolutely love contacting in the street for days on end! I'm getting a little bit of a suntan too, so that's always nice.

My companion and I are literally best friends. If anyone knows my brother-in-law Jordan Brady, just imagine he and I  together as companions and you'll basically have a good idea of the magical things happening in Santa Cruz right now! 

Investigators that we have are pretty great. We have a sister of a recent convert named Maria Fernanda who is sooo close to getting baptized. She is awesome and her sister, Gabriela, is a rock in the church out here. Gabi's 18 and Maria is 15. There is another girl named Laura who is 9 and her family just got reactivated and she is getting baptized on the 1st of April. Technically she is our investigator but the ward is doing everything. The members here are awesome!

Well I love you all and I am loving the work out here in Tenerife (that's the name of the island I'm on). Its a blast!  Thanks for the birthday wishes!  

Elder Franklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment