Thursday, July 18, 2013

Family and Friends!!


 
How are you?? I miss you guys so much but from what I hear everyone is doing good. Spain is amazing! Each day I am continuing to learn and grow tremendously. Its my last week in the CCM over here and I am a little nervous but mostly excited to get out into the actual field. I wonder who my trainer will be!! I bet he will be awesome.
 
This week has been pretty normal but a normal week in the CCM is an amazing one.
 
On saturday, I was able to be paired up with my usual companion Elder Dunn!! We ended up passing our stop for the park three times because there were so many people to talk to on the Metro! Only one of them ended up being interested in hearing more, and one bashed our religion for quite sometime in English but it was still such a great learning and growing experience! The park was fun but not very successful. We ended up meeting a lot of atheist people which I am realizing that there are a lot around here! The people are ridiculously nice though and I had some really good conversations with people. My spanish is improving day by day!
 
Sunday was awesome as always. Our devotional and fireside were unreal and I learned so much. We had the opportunity to sing on the temple steps again and it was fantastic!! So many people and missionaries showed up and a man ended up getting taught a lesson right after we finished! A bunch of cards were handed out as well and so many people came to hear us! I am so glad to be able to have a positive influence on someone even if it is just through singing.
 
MondayTuesday, and Wednesday were pretty similar. Hermano Pickup, who is one of our teachers, is out of town this week so we had a substitute teacher who's name is Hermana Griotti. She is from Uruguay actually and uses the sh sound instead of the ll or y which makes it harder to understand her but so cool to hear her accent. We have begun teaching her and she agreed to be baptized on our second lesson! It was so awesome and I feel the Spirit so strongly when I teach her. We have begun learning the subjunctive tense in our grammer class which is insaaane but I am understanding it... I think.... The hardest part is just knowing when to use it which I guess will just come in time. My testimony has probably been growing faster than my knowledge of spanish though. I always thought that I had a pretty strong testimony and a pretty good knowledge of the gospel but I did not realize it would or could grow this much!!
 
We had the opportunity to go to the temple again today which was amazing and always calms me down and relaxes me. I just want all of you to know that I am absolutely loving it here and learning so much every single day. My futbol skills are getting pretty good too! I know with all my heart that this church is true and I have seen it change peoples lives already. It is a wonderful message that we are bringing to the people all over the world and it can bless all of your lives. Know that I am doing great and I love being a zone leader!! Getting to know all of these missionaries is amazing and they all have had such a great impact on my life.
 
Love  you guys!
 
Elder Franklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment