Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy AMERICA DAY everyone!!




This week has been fantastic. I am continuing to learn and grow so much I can’t even believe it. One of the amazing things for me is how much time we devote to preparing ourselves for our investigators. It’s all about the investigators here and I love it so much!

So on Saturday we went to the park as always and I was with Elder Quesne (which is pronounced like Cane, he’s from England). So some background before I get into this story is that he had met this same guy two weeks in a row at the park so far and he had been really interested in learning more about the church. So our goal today was to go out and find him because he had told Elder Quesne that he wanted a Book of Mormon in English so he could practice reading English. So we start walking and walking, hoping to find this guy and we come to this four way stop in the park and we could not decide where to go. So we decided to pray. Always a good idea, just saying. So we pray and we go left and we walk for probably around 10 minutes and we were walking back on the road that we had already came on and all of a sudden Elder Quesne just stopped dead in his tracks and started looking at his watch, explaining that it wasn’t working for some reason. He happened to turn around at the same time and said ‘’There he is!!’’ in his awesome British accent. I turned around and saw him standing in the middle of the walk way just 20 feet behind us! It was such a miracle! So we sat down with him, gave him a Book of Mormon, and read Moroni 10:3-5 with him. It was so awesome!! He absolutely loved it and I could feel the spirit so strongly. I know that he felt something as well.

The rest of the week has been good!! We received new investigators, so now Élder Dunn and I teach Miguel Luis and Alejandra. Its going great and they are both progressing although they both have their separate challenges. Miguel is struggling with feeling worthy to pray so we just keep on bearing our testimonies and sharing scriptures. Alejandra is catholic but doesn’t believe in God which is actually super common here and really weird but we are trying our best.

My Spanish is coming along great!! As sort of a measurement of my Spanish, I just got done memorizing the baptismal prayer, our purpose, 
D &C 4, Moroni 10:3-5, D&C 130:20-21, the first vision, and Amos 3:7 in spanish which is really useful! I now feel pretty comfortable having a conversation and only need a few notes, mostly in English, during our lessons. I am loving it here!!

Today has been exceptionally great! At 6:25 am this morning, we all woke up a little early and hung a flag in the hallway, repeated the pledge of allegiance and sang the national anthem as loud as we could haha it was so much fun! We are all feeling quite patriotic and for lunch, they decorated the cafeteria with a bunch of USA decorations and we even got KFC and hot dogs!! It was so much fun! I am pretty sure we are going to some awesome mall in Madrid today which will be super fun. I am loooving the CCM but can’t wait to get out into the field!

Thank you all so much for your emails and letters. Oh and thanks for the package mom! I feel so blessed to be able to come to Spain for two years to serve our Heavenly Father. 
Yo sé que la iglesia es verdadera y yo sé que el Libro de Mormón es verdadero también. El Evangelio es una gran bendición por nosotros y estoy muy animo por la oportunidad de servir en España. 
Its the best!! I love you all!

Élder Franklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment