Monday, July 22, 2013

SURPRISE!!!!!!


Well, I am leaving the CCM tomorrow and I can not be more excited. We have been given a litttle time to send an email off before we head out and I seriously am sooooo excited!! I was getting prettty comfortable in the CCM but after this weekend I am seriously so ready to head out! This has been the beeeest weekend ever so far in the CCM and I wish I could tell you all every thing but I don't have much time.

So on thursday we hung out and packed a little and got to play some futbol too which was so much fun and I wish I could have taken pictures of how ghetto "The Oven" is here which is our little futbol court. Hopefully I'll be able to take some pictures if I end up serving here which is actually pretty likely. Oh and just a little background about Madrid, there is a lot of grafitti. Like a ton. Everywhere.

Well Friday was so much fun and I learned a lot and was getting more and more excited to head out into the field.

Saturday, Elder Dunn and I paired up again and hit the park hard. It was a little less of a successful day today but I learned a lot about listening to people when they speak and understanding different accents because there are a lot of people who travel to el parque retiro becuase it is absolutely the most beautiful place that I have ever been. On the way back, after a long hour and a half of rejection, we met a young guy around the age of 22 named Carlos. Right when I saw him, he was wearing reflector aviators, an argentinian soccer t shirt, with headphones in and tattoos scattered on his arms. I didn't think that this guy would be interested but Elder Dunn walked over to him on the metro and simply said, "Me gusta sus gafas!" Immediately he took his sunglasses off and his headphones out and we began to talk to him about the church and ended up getting a reference from him. That really taught me to never judge someone before you actually talk to them because we are all children of our loving Heavenly Father.

Sunday was theeeee best day that I have been a missionary. President and Sister Jackson came to the CCM!!!! They interviewed all of the missionaries serving in Madrid which was a wonderful experience and I am so glad I got to meet them. They also spoke to us at a fireside later on that night which really got me excited to have them as my mission presidents. I honestly am going to miss the Sitteruds so much and I have grown really close to them as a zone leader but I can't wait to get out into the field. We also had a talent hour on Sunday which was so amazing! We started out with a bunch of really funny skits and songs by missionaries and my district did a medly of Llamados al Servir and"God be with thee till we meet again" which was actually amazing and powerful. President Jackson played the accordian for us as well which was awesome!! That night, as always, we had the opportunity to sing on the temple steps. Right as we are walking out to get into our spots, it starts to rain pretty good which is rare because it has only rained two other times since I have been here. President Sullivan, who directs the music, called on me to give a prayer to ask for the rain to subside so we could sing our songs and touch some of the people that were there. I did so and it was drizzling as we began to sing. By the middle of our third song of six it began to subside and by the last note of our last song, the clouds departed, the sun came out, and lit the temple up in such a beautiful way. I know that that was an answer to my prayer and I am so happy to have this opportunity to serve a mission in Spain.

I am so excited to get out, meet my trainer, and hit the streets in a new area. They are about to open astake in the Canary Islands in September so maybe I will get called there! I can not wait and I just wanted to thank you all for your love and support. If you would like to send me a letter, send it to the mission home instead of the CCM so I can get it!! I know this church is true and my testimony of it has grown so much because I have seen the impact that it is having on the lives of those around me. I love the Gospel with all my heart. Thank you!!
Elder Franklyn
p.s. if you want to see president and sister Sullivan's blog here's the link!! I've heard great things about it!
http://thesullivansinspain.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment