Thursday, July 11, 2013

Greetings from Spain!!


There is so much to tell I don't even know where to start! I guess I'll just go back to last Thursday night.
So my companion, Elder Dunn, and I were called to be ZONE LEADERS!! I realize its just in the CCM and we don't have a lot of responsibility, but I have definitely been watching myself closer to be a better example to everyone. The rest of Thursday was great! We went to a local mall and I bought an awesome Adidas practice jersey so I'm pretty excited about that. 
On Friday we had more language study of course which is going good and I'm feeling more and more comfortable speaking Spanish. The vocab is one of the hardest barriers but I am getting a lot of the conjugations and common phrases down. 
Saturday was amazing! I was paired up with my first park companion, Elder Evans, and I was able to see how much the both of us had improved in both speaking spanish and teaching the Gospel. The weird thing was that we kept meeting people who spoke English! I was happy about that!
One quick story: So we are walking past this lady sitting on a bench with two small children and we decide to stop by and talk to her for a little. We start speaking in spanish and she is responding not very well so we ask her if she speaks English and she did! Turns out her name is Raquel and she is from the Philipines working in Madrid taking care of the two little boys, Tomás and Mateo, and she believed in God but did not practice religion at all. So we start talking to her and the conversation is great and we start talking about the Gospel a little and I bear my testimony and we have her read Moroni 10:4-5 which she loved. Elder Evans bore his testimony and the spirit just rushed around us and I was starting to tear up because it was so amazingly strong! So I'm like turning my head to try and not show this lady that I'm crying and Elder Evans is trying not to burst into tears as well and she is listening so intently. He asks her if she will read the Book of Mormon to know that it is true and she says: ''To be honest... my eye sight has been really bad recently and I haven't been able to read for longer than a few minutes because of the strain it puts on my eyes... But don't worry, I promise you two that I will read this book to know if it is true.'' It was so amazing!! We were both blown away and it just built my testimony so much of how true this Gospel is and how much it can bless the lives of everyone in the world, no matter where you are from.
The rest of the week has been awesome. Everyday I wake up tired, learn spanish tired, teach fake investigators tired, play some futbol tired, and go to bed tired, but every second I am here I can not wait to learn more and work even harder. Being tired just shows that you're doing something right as a missionary.
Oh so some other news is that the Russian missionaries left! Elder Dolgopolov is an amazing missionary and I am really excited for things he is going to do in Ukraine. We all said goodbye to him and he left on Tuesday morning at 3 AM. The sister missionaries all left on Wednesday and I'm gunna miss them a lot too. They were awesome!
Elder Holt, who is in my district had to go to the hospital because of how bad his stomach has been hurting and they gave him some medicine on Monday and although he hasn't been feeling better I really hope he does get better. He is an amazing missionary and the only way that you could tell that he is in so much pain is while he is holding his stomach but he really is amazing and continues to work hard and be as obedient as he can. I am trying my best to be a good zone leader and a good example to others around me. I hope I am.
I just want you all to know that I love you guys! And I love this Gospel and how much of an impact it has had on my life. I know it is true with all of my heart. I already have seen it have an amazingly strong impact on people around me and I can not deny the truth of it. Thank you all so much for your support and emails. I love everyone of them!
Just know that I am having a great time and loving the food here because its fantastic.
Love you all!
Elder Franklyn





No comments:

Post a Comment