Monday, August 26, 2013

August 26th

Familia y mis amigos!!!! ¿Que tal todo? I kind of want to write a letter in spanish but it would probably be a mess and no one would understand me haha. This week was super hard and a little rewarding. I am suuuper tired right now but I feel the hand of the Lord in my life everyday pushing me forward. I am going to try to send some photos with this email so I hope it works well haha. Monday! Well we went bowling last week which was super fun and I have a few pics so I'll send them! After, three of our investigators bailed on us so we ended up contacting and it actually went pretty well! Tuesday! At 12 we had a lesson with a woman named Loves which went well but we didn't have too much time. We taught about the restoration and she seems interested! She is from Nigeria but speaks English and Spanish which is great. After, we had a lesson with Mike, our less active, and it went good! He is progressing a lot and has a few things to straighten out in his life but is working hard to recieve the priesthood. Oh and he told us that his girlfriend in Nigeria is going to be baptized in a week! So exciting! after we went to a recent converts house, Jesus Jr. We taught the end of the plan of salvation and it was so great to see his dad helping him understand. After we went to Consuelo and Enrique's house to teach her friend Isabel. It went really good and she accepted the invitation to be baptized! Another really cool thing is that she is going to live with Consuelo in September! Perfect! Wednesday! Well we had the opportunity as a zone to go to the Temple in Pavones! It was soooo awesome and it really lifted my spirits. I love seeing all the other missionaries. We are kind of isolated here in Fuenlabrada. After, we had two less active lessons with Purificacion and Amparo! They went well and I was glad to be able to put in a good amount of input. After we went to a members house who lives with some semi investigating people and shared a little message which was good and I definitely felt the spirit! Thursday! Well we had to plan the week of course so we were in our apartment until 4. Three people bailed on us but we still had two more lessons which went really well! One was with one of our new investigators, Estela! She is pretty interested and agreed to start reading the Book of Mormon which is a start! We walked a ton and got a few references as well which is always good! Friday! I had my first companion exchange and I was actually pretty nervous but it turned out awesomely. I went to Mostoles with Elder Smith and we taught two lessons and gave a blessing in Spanish to a lady who is having some health difficulties. It went really well and I spent the night there. Saturday! Well I woke up in Mostoles and went to work! We contacted pretty much all day and I learned a lot from Elder Smith. He has only been out for 3 months but taught me a lot. This was also the date that we had set with Solange and Rafael! Well they bailed on Elder Echegaray and Elder Abplanalp on Friday night and so we weren't even able to have a chance to confirm the date and have an interview. Super sad but I have faith that they will be baptized on another date. Sunday was good! Around 35 people showed up to church including almost all of our less active members! I can see the change that we are having here. The rest of the day was good and we contacted alot. We were a little down about Solange and Rafael but we kept on pushing forward. Today we went and played soccer in Pavones! Not much else to say but we continue to work hard! Keep praying for all the missionaries out there! Elder Franklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment