Monday, June 2, 2014

Goodbye, El Ferrol - Hello Mission Office





I'll miss Elder Nickerl

My companions



Wendy y Guillermo










Hola!!!!

Everything is going really great but it is so weird at the same time!!  I am down here in the Mission Office at Alcobendas sitting at my own personal computer... Haha!  it is great though and I am already learning so much.
I am excited to work with some amazing missionaries here.  Leaving El Ferrol was hard, like leaving my family, but I know that this is where the Lord wants me to be right now. A group of the Ferrol members walked me to the train station  yesterday to say goodbye and I could feel their love for me strongly. They are so great and I will miss them all so much.
Anyway... this week was great!! Two exciting things that happened are that we have 2 firmly set baptismal dates for this Saturday in El Ferrol! I am not going to be there buuuut I am really excited about it. Jose is finally ready and agreed to his date and Angel is set on getting baptized.
Miracle... We went to teach Angel about the Word of Wisdom, basically the lesson that we were most worried about, and he didn't have a problem with a single one of them!!! That lesson was so spiritual and I had to hold my self back from crying.
The members threw me a going away party on Friday which was really awesome! They are just the best. We ate and had a great time. Goyos came with Irina as well.
On Thursday we had a lesson with Goyos and it was going really great and he accepted the invitation to be baptized!!! I am just so excited to have been able to get to know him and teach him. I can't wait for that family to get to the Temple!
On Saturday the branch had a barbecue and we went for a little bit and helped bring stuff there. It was really fun and Hermana Dolly and Hermana Patricia made some amazing chicken. It was a blast.
Over these past few weeks, Elder Schmidtlein, Elder Nickerl and I have grown a lot closer. I have learned so much from them about missionary work and I am so grateful to have known them and served along side them in this wonderful cause. I have larger mountains to climb up ahead but I've got my equipment ready to go and I can't wait to start the journey. I am embarrassed to say this but I am going to quote some Miley Cyrus here and say that its not about getting to the top. In the Gospel, the top is perfection. I doubt I'll ever get there but the important part is "the CLIMB." I love you all! Thank you for all that you are doing to hasten the work in your parts of the world. Keep it up!!
Elder Franklyn
P.S. I hope you guys don't think I'm a "climber." That was a quote to talk about working hard and gaining experience haha!
P.S.  Hunter's coming to Madrid?!?!  That is so exciting!   If I'm here for a while, I'll be picking him up!

No comments:

Post a Comment